- 3 Tbsps avocado oil, or olive oil
- 1.5 lb. boneless chicken breasts
- 2.5 Tbsps. taco seasoning
- 8 cups romaine, iceberg, or baby green lettuces, chopped (I love a mix of lettuces!)
- 1.5 cups grape tomatoes, cut into halves
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen organic corn, thawed
- 1 cup black beans, cooked + rinsed
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 Tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, minced
- 4 Tbsps raw honey
- 2 tsps garlic powder
- sea salt and pepper to your taste (about 1 tsp. each)
- Place the chicken in a small bowl, then add taco seasoning, and oil.
- Rub the chicken to get it well coated in the taco mixture.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high
- heat, cook each side of the chicken breasts for about 5 minutes each, or until just cooked through. Cooking time will vary based on thickness of chicken breasts.
- Allow chicken to rest (covered or wrapped in foil) while you assemble the salad.
- To a large platter, add the lettuce, and evenly sprinkle with the tomatoes, corn, black beans and chicken; set aside.
- Slice cooked chicken breasts, add to top of salad.
- To a small glass bowl/jar, add the lime juice, cilantro, honey, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Whisk to combine.
- Evenly drizzle dressing over salad, the toss to combine.